Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I join the First Chinese Senior Association of Vaughan?
First you should find out from our personnel if you are eligible to join the association. If you are eligible, you can then complete an application form and return it to theFCSAV office, located at Dufferin Clark Community Centre. The form can be obtained on-line or from the office.
2. How much is the membership fee?
The annual fee is $15. (Please call 905-832-8554 ext 7731 for details)
3. Where can I get the association's program of activities?
The program can be found here on the club’s website or you can obtain a hard copy from the association's office.
4. How can I find out if the activities for the day are on or not?
Activities may be cancelled due to poor weather (eg, snowstorm, thunderstorm, windstorm, unseasonally low or high temperatures, etc) . You can call (905) 832-8554 ext 7731 one hour ahead of the scheduled start time to verify whether the event or activity is still happening.
5. What kind of footwear should I wear in the gymnasium?
You should wear sport shoes in the gymnasium. This would reduce the chance of getting the feet hurt during exercises and the possible damage to the hardwood floor. You could bring the shoes in for change during winter time and on rainy days.
6. How do I get admitted to the activities of interest to me?
You must first register. Thereafter, everytime you come to an activity you have already been admitted to, wear the association's name badge for identification purposes and sign in. Non-members would pay $5 every time and wear a guest badge.
7. What precautionary measures should I take against possible mishaps?
You should write down the emergency contact person’s name and phone number on the back of your badge.